The Power of Flipboard in Your Pocket

UPDATE (4:45PM PT): We\’re starting to slowly open back up to new users, who should now be able to set up their Flipboard on iPhone. Once you’ve downloaded Flipboard from the iTunes App Store, select “Get Started,” choose topics of interest, hit “Done” and create your Flipboard. Select the red ribbon and tap Accounts to create your own Flipboard Account.

Existing users who already have a Flipboard Account on their iPad can launch Flipboard for iPhone and sign in to get all their favorite Flipboard content.

UPDATE (12:30PM PT): As a quick update from this morning, all existing Flipboard iPad users are able to enjoy Flipboard and anyone who has created a Flipboard Account on their iPad can launch Flipboard for iPhone and sign in to get all their favorite Flipboard content. For brand new Flipboard for iPhone users, we are still seeing server load issues that cause an error message when people try to set up. We are working on the server balancing and expect to have another update soon. Thank you for your patience.

UPDATE (11AM PT): Existing Flipboard users for iPhone and iPad should still be able to enjoy their Flipboard. For new users trying for the first time to set up their Flipboard on iPhone, there is a server load issue that we are working on right now. Please try again later today. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

UPDATE (9AM PT): Due to high demand, Flipboard is experiencing service issues. We are currently working as quickly as possible to resolve the situation. We have turned off account creation for now to restore the service and ensure existing users have a great experience. Please follow us on Twitter @Flipboard for updates as the day progresses. We apologize deeply for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

+++

The moment so many Flipboard readers have asked for is here: Now you can get Flipboard for iPhone. It\’s got everything you know and love about Flipboard, but now designed especially for the way you use your iPhone.

With Flipboard for iPhone we\’re introducing Cover Stories — one place to quickly catch up on some of the most interesting news, updates and photos being shared with you right now. The more you interact with your friends and the stories being shared, the smarter Cover Stories gets. You can refine what appears here by adding content to your Flipboard, muting anyone you\’d rather not hear from, and connecting to your social networks. Cover Stories will be coming to your iPad in the near future.

If you\’d like to bring everything you have on your Flipboard to your iPhone, create a Flipboard Account on your iPad, download Flipboard to your iPhone, and then sign in. Creating a Flipboard Account also gives you access to All Timelines, a single section containing all the articles and photos being shared across all your social networks.

Finally, Flipboard for iPhone is fast. Scan through pages as quickly as you can with just a flick of a thumb. If you find something interesting, just tap to slide it open.

We can\’t wait to hear what you think. Please tweet feedback to @flipboard, and have a very happy holidays.

~The Flipboard Team
facebook.com/flipboard
@flipboard

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to The Power of Flipboard in Your Pocket

1. Great idea !
    Its available in Europe too?
    Best
    B

2. Bob says:

Seems that the app store servers may be getting hammered. App won’t install right now. Gets to about three-quarters done then gives error message that app can’t be installed now.

3. Sam says:

Very excited to try out. Receive following error message on iPhone 4 on Verizon (same message after rebooting)…
    “flipboard could not be installed at this time”

4. oskiderkonig says:

I’ve already made a post in my blog in Mexico. But I’m having problems installing the app on my iPhone. I’ve been trying to install it like 10 times (or more) and with no success. I’m really waiting to install it and try it. I’m a big fan of your app on the iPad and want to try it on the iPhone. Congrats for the launch.

5. TIinPA says:

YES! The wait is over!

6. Greg says:

Can you link to the app in your blog post? Seems like a dead end otherwise.

7. Rob Renk says:

Gorgeous app–love it!

8. Mark says:

Not in AU store yet. Is it coming?

9. Jared says:

I couldn’t find it by searching, but the link on the website to the AppStore worked.

Thanks!

10. Mark Appel says:

What about the Android version? When will this one be available? Tried to install on iPhone4 but says I need to login via computer in iTunes store?

11. Lee Ann says:

I’m so excited to try out the new Flipboard on my iPhone! I love using it on my iPad and i’m so happy to now have it on my iPhone! Now I will be able to catch up and read all my favorite stories wherever I am. Thank you!

12. Jan Paul says:

What worked for me was to download it from the AppStore from within iTunes, and syncing with your device. Downloading the app on the iPhone (4S, in my case) did not work and I got the “could not be installed at this time” message.

13. Joose says:

Couldn’t find this in the App Store (in Finland) on my iPhone but no problem to download it through iTunes on my Mac. Thanks to iCloud it was easy to download it to the phone right away ;)

14. Iancoulter says:

Great app for iPad, bad start for the iPhone! Maybe it’s just so popular that the site can’t cope with the demand! I’m sure it will be available at some stage, but until then, I’ll just have to use it on the iPad.

15. Patricia says:

To all who can’t install the app on their iPhone: use iTunes on your mac to go to the app store, update Flipboard there then sync the app to your iPhone. This worked for me.

16. Richard says:

I had the error message earlier today and then the app disappeared from the App Store. For those above with the same issue, try again now, installed fine 5 minutes ago.

17. DHCOL says:

It still doesn’t work if I went to find it from the link but if I search in the app store and download it, it works fine :-) good times, now time to go try it out… thanks flipboard

18. Lucas says:

I\’ve been waiting so long for Flipboard to arrive on the iPhone.

Looks great, but one huge miss is that I can\’t share to my instapaper account. If I find an article that\’s too long to read on an iPhone, I need to save it for later reading.

19. Lucas says:

Please ignore my previous post. Found the instapaper settings.

20. Matteo says:

now it’s “up and runnig”. Thanks to all the Flipboard Team!

21. Wesley Smith says:

Dumb question: Is All Timelines available for the iPad app as well, or just the iPhone at this time?

22. Galen Smith says:

I don’t have an iPad but I have downloaded the Flipboard app to my iPhone. How do I set up an account?

23. Rick says:

Installed the ap but how do you sign in or sign up for a flipboard account?

24. Kelly says:

Do you have to have an iPad to set up the iPhone app.
    I can’t find anywhere to set up a Flipboard account, but this blog says to set up an account on your iPad first?

25. Henk Poley says:

Your servers are overloaded isn’t it?

“Couldn’t build your flipboard.
    Please check your internet
    connection and try again.”

26. Leon says:

Great app, so good to finally see it on the iPhone! This is now on my home screen where it’s going to get tons of use. :D

27. Richard says:

If you don’t have an iPad to create an account. How else can u create. Doesn’t look like iPhone app gives an option.

28. Tmac says:

Is it possible to create a Flipboard account using an iPhone instead of an iPad?

29. Juan Vega says:

I’m from Spain and i had no problem installing the app, but i wasn’t able to create a Flipboard account, even in the iPad App. In the iPhone App there are two options: Get Started or Sign In. The Get Started option lets you create yout account but it’s not working. I couldn’t use the second one because i didn’t achieve to create the account in the first place.
    I am sure you will solve this problems.
    Thank you very much for such a great application

30. Brian says:

I did install Flipboard on my iPhone but I have a simple question. How do you create an account?

31. FrancisXL says:

Umm…how do you set up an flipboard account on the iphone app?

32. 2deep Sports says:

Excellent iPad app – glad to see it made available for iPhone.

33. HappyUser says:

I’m so glad that I downloaded the iPhone app before the influx. Waiting for my car to be serviced and Flipboard is keeping me entertained. Nice format; easy to use. You guys are doing good work! Thank you.

34. Pingback: iPhone Users Crash the Flipboard Party | Search Engine Journal

35. xUnix says:

Sad as I new user I had such a bad experience, makes me wonder if I really need this.

36. Martin Soler says:

Thanks for an awesome app. I managed to download it early this morning (Paris time) and it’s working great. Unfortunately the account creation is not working (yet) but you seem to be onto that. Was trying to connect my twitter and Facebook but that didn’t work either, is that the same problem?

37. sonicreducer says:

Will it be available for ipod touch 2nd gen?

• BR_Impulse says:

I would like to know this as well. Right now there’s a compatibility restriction that doesn’t let me install it on my iPod touch 2G.

• insideflipboard says:

Unfortunately, again, it is not likely we will be able to support the iPhone 2G. Flipboard is resource intensive and the 2G does not meet the system requirements. It probably would not run it at all.

~ JV
        @FlipboardCM

38. eric pease says:

iPad app still won’t let me create an account. I keep getting the error msg “the page you’re looking for doesn’t exist”

39. Jane says:

Useless garbage. Doesn’t work. I select my categories, click done and get told “Couldn’t build your Flipboard. Check your internet connection.” Total BS! My connection is FINE. Your app is garbage. Obviously you couldn’t be bothered to make sure it worked and that your servers could handle the traffic. You learned NOTHING from what happened when the iPad app was released. Lovely first impression to make on new users. Your reviews on iTunes are horrible and you deserve it. Thanks for wasting our time!

40. Pingback: Flipboard agora também disponível no iPhone e iPod touch | Jogos para celular

41. Jeremy says:

What about french content on iPhone too?

42. Pingback: Flipboard comes to the iPhone and you can download it NOW | TechXpress

43. Pingback: Flipboard è disponibile anche per iPhone

44. Pingback: Apple Iphone Tech News » Blog Archive » Flipboard Launches Long-Anticipated iPhone App

45. Pingback: Flipboard arrives for iPhone, iPod touch – JailBake

46. Pingback: Flipboard Introduces an iPhone App for Killing Time Standing in Line | In Support Of Israel

47. Pingback: | Eurolyga.eu

48. Pingback: Zite brings personal zeitgeist to iPhone | FT Tech Hub | FTtechhub - Industry analysis – FT.com

49. Pingback: Flipboard Launches Long-Anticipated iPhone App | QATAReTRADE

50. Pingback: Zite iPhone launch caps big week for newsreaders | iPhone News Center

51. Pingback: Zite iPhone launch caps big week for newsreaders : BuyaiPhone.info – Tips and info on buying an iPhone! | mobiles phones | smartphones | cell phones|

52. Pingback: Apple Iphone Tech News » Blog Archive » Zite iPhone launch caps big week for newsreaders

53. Pingback: Zite iPhone launch caps big week for newsreaders – JailBake

54. Dirk says:

please, release a mac desktop version

55. Pingback: Digitalia – Speciale LeWeb11 n’1 | Digitalia

56. Pingback: Zite iPhone launch caps big week for newsreaders | In Support Of Israel

57. Chris says:

Vimeo videos will not play on the Flipboard for iPhone app, please add this to a future release!

Thanks.

58. Andy says:

When is the android flipboard coming?